Business Owner Services
Maximizing the value of your business
Preparation and planning are an integral part of achieving maximum value from the sale of your business. Your Evanston Business Advisor will develop a Value Optimization Strategy that will focus the activities of the business on the things that create long-term, sustainable value. The Value Optimization Strategy typically involves:
- Assessing the six key business value drivers and recommending actions to increase the value of the company.
- Valuation of the company to determine its value in the current market.
- Recasting the financial statements to adjust for non-recurring expenses and owner perks.
- Preparing three-year business projections with data to highlight core strengths and opportunities.
- Evaluating transaction structure options that align with your goals (full sale, partial sale, recapitalization, management buyout, ESOP, family sale, etc.)
- Completing the due diligence readiness assessment with follow-up actions.
Selling your business: your terms, your timing
When it finally becomes your time to sell your business, you will want to partner with a business advisor who is not only highly experienced in managing business sale transactions but someone who is as invested in achieving your goals from the sale as you are. Evanston Business Advisors are seasoned veterans who understand the importance of finding the right buyers for the right reasons, and helping you harvest all the value you deserve from your life’s work. When it is your time to sell we will:
- Prepare a comprehensive Confidential Information Memorandum (CIM) that clearly, concisely, and professionally describes the company and the strategic buying opportunity, while ensuring appropriate information disclosure.
- Perform and compile market research of potential buyers.
- Target market to the various financial and strategic buyers.
- Arrange and attend management meetings with vetted qualified buyers only.
- Review Letters of Interest and rank offers.
- As appropriate manage a bidding auction to improve price or terms among lead offers.
- Manage the due diligence process, assist with the preparation of special reports, and maintain transaction momentum.
- Negotiate letter of intent and deal structure.
- Work with the company transaction attorneys to ensure business points are incorporated into the transaction documents.
- Keep momentum and get the “right deal” to the closing table.